What is Award hotspot.com virus:
It is a newly detected malware associated with Awardhotspot.com domain which is known for spreading spam. The virus is basically a bad or corrupt application designed for web browsers (Chrome, firefox, internet explorer, Opera, etc). As it stealthily invades and gets installed on a computer silently, victim is totally unaware of this infection. But all of sudden, strange popup advertisements from Awardhotspot.com start to popup on affected computer. besides, web browser redirects to www.Awardhotspot.com or http://Awardhotspot.com when it is being used for web searches or to access a legit website. Actual target behind the Awardhotspot.com popups or URL diverts is to promote that website because it contains paid commercials/advertisements that make revnue for its owners (spammer).
What is Awardhotspot.com and how dangerous it is:
- Basically The Awardhotspot.com is a bad software/application designed by cyber criminals to harm your computer and alternatively achieve commercial advantages.
- It is an intrruder that uses unfair tricks and methods to get into your computer. Usually its aim is getting installed without your knowledge
- It can and it will modify your current system/browser configurations to send malicious commands to your machine.
- It promotes Spam and drives you to network of unsafe web domains, it may install further corrupt software from Internet too.
- It Spams on infected computers, displays annoying advertisements.
- It breaks into your privacy, captures keywords, collects persoanl information by tracking your web browsings.
Manual removal of Awardhotspot.com:
To manually uninstall Search engine, plugins/extensions and toolbars installed by Awardhotspot.com virus, open the Add-on manager of your browser which can be accessed through Tools > Internet options in Internet explorer. Similarly, open the Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other program`s settings. It may looks like (or a bit different) as shown in the image below.
Now go to, Toolbars and Extensions menu and remove the Awardhotspot.com if listed. Then select the Search Providers and find the Awardhotspot.com and remove if it appears.
Now open Browser settings/configurations and:
Delete cache content and web history.
Make sure the Pop-up blocker is turned ON.
Homepage is pointing to a safe website or is Blank.
Now go to the windows Control Panel:
open “Programs and Features” or “Add/Remove Programs”
Look for Awardhotspot.com in the list of installed programs and then Uninstall/Remove.
Awardhotspot.com malware removal tool
Choose a download from the list below to get rid of this malware using an automatic software.