Are you tired of getting TubeDimmer popups or seeing Ads by Tube Dimmer inside your browser? this could be a possible adware infection but can be affixed.
Tube Dimmer is basically a browser extension which comes together with freeware application/software downloads. Once entered, it will attack Chrome, firefox, IE or any browser installed on victim machine. From here, Ads by Tube Dimmer will start to show up inside webpages you visit or you will get the Tube Dimmer popping up all the time you are surfing Internet. This type of tactics are used by spammers to promote their paid commercials, but unfortunately they are mostly linked to suspicious domains and cause further virus infections. It is recommended to get rid of Tube Dimmer virus soon to prevent further threats.
What is Tube Dimmer and how dangerous it is:
- Basically The Tube Dimmer is a bad software/application designed by cyber criminals to harm your computer and alternatively achieve commercial advantages.
- It is an intrruder that uses unfair tricks and methods to get into your computer. Usually its aim is getting installed without your knowledge
- It can and it will modify your current system/browser configurations to send malicious commands to your machine.
- It promotes Spam and drives you to network of unsafe web domains, it may install further corrupt software from Internet too.
- It Spams on infected computers, displays annoying advertisements.
- It breaks into your privacy, captures keywords, collects persoanl information by tracking your web browsings.
Manual removal of Tube Dimmer:
To manually uninstall Search engine, plugins/extensions and toolbars installed by Tube Dimmer virus, open the Add-on manager of your browser which can be accessed through Tools > Internet options in Internet explorer. Similarly, open the Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other program`s settings. It may looks like (or a bit different) as shown in the image below.
Now go to, Toolbars and Extensions menu and remove the Tube Dimmer if listed. Then select the Search Providers and find the Tube Dimmer and remove if it appears.
Now open Browser settings/configurations and:
Delete cache content and web history.
Make sure the Pop-up blocker is turned ON.
Homepage is pointing to a safe website or is Blank.
Now go to the windows Control Panel:
open “Programs and Features” or “Add/Remove Programs”
Look for Tube Dimmer in the list of installed programs and then Uninstall/Remove.
Tube Dimmer malware removal tool
Choose a download from the list below to get rid of this malware using an automatic software.