What is viewster.com virus:
It is an annoying browser app or extension dropped into computer by spammers. Once this malware gets inside a PC, it is automatically registered to google chrome, Mozilla firefox, Microsoft Internet explorer or Safari as a BHO. From here, it will make your computer run out of your control by showing unwanted content and driving your browser to misleading websites. Firstly it sets your homepage to www.viewster.com or http://viewster.com. Then it adds the same website to be your default search provider. Now besides redirecting you to viewster.com again and again, it will causes viewster.com popup advertisements. If you ignore those annoying viewster.com activities, it will be a big mistake of yours. This malware keeps recording your browsing history and personal info which later on is sent to hackers.
What is viewster.com and how dangerous it is:
- Basically The viewster.com is a bad software/application designed by cyber criminals to harm your computer and alternatively achieve commercial advantages.
- It is an intrruder that uses unfair tricks and methods to get into your computer. Usually its aim is getting installed without your knowledge
- It can and it will modify your current system/browser configurations to send malicious commands to your machine.
- It promotes Spam and drives you to network of unsafe web domains, it may install further corrupt software from Internet too.
- It Spams on infected computers, displays annoying advertisements.
- It breaks into your privacy, captures keywords, collects persoanl information by tracking your web browsings.
Manual removal of viewster.com:
To manually uninstall Search engine, plugins/extensions and toolbars installed by viewster.com virus, open the Add-on manager of your browser which can be accessed through Tools > Internet options in Internet explorer. Similarly, open the Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other program`s settings. It may looks like (or a bit different) as shown in the image below.
Now go to, Toolbars and Extensions menu and remove the viewster.com if listed. Then select the Search Providers and find the viewster.com and remove if it appears.
Now open Browser settings/configurations and:
Delete cache content and web history.
Make sure the Pop-up blocker is turned ON.
Homepage is pointing to a safe website or is Blank.
Now go to the windows Control Panel:
open “Programs and Features” or “Add/Remove Programs”
Look for viewster.com in the list of installed programs and then Uninstall/Remove.
viewster.com virus removal tool
Choose a download from the list below to get rid of this malware using an automatic software.